Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yummy Holiday Goodies

When I was little, my mom made decorating cookies a really big deal and I think that is why it is my favorite part of the Christmas season. She would let us help bake the cookies and cut out the shapes. Then, when the cookies were baked and cool, she would let us help decorate. On the kitchen counter there would be little dishes filled with colored frosting, sprinkles, and candies. I think we ended up with more frosting on us than on the cookies but each of our cookie creations showed a little bit of our personality and style.

This year was the first year that I have made my own Christmas cookies. I was lucky enough that my mom came over to help me bake them and Jordan helped me frost them. I learned that we have very different decorating style! Jordan is a bit more creative than I am... i.e. a tye-dye Christmas tree. But, it has never been the cookies alone that I love, its the fun of being with the people I love decorating them.

Now, we get to share our yummy holiday goodies with friends and family at the upcoming holiday celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment